Editorial Policy, Standards & Complaints
Our Editorial Policies outline the guiding principles of our editorial approach and the enforceable standards our staff must follow in a searchable format.
Mesomen adheres to the https://www.ipso.co.uk/. To submit a complaint, please contact us at [email protected]. Further information on our complaints process can be found further below along with details on our editorial policy and standards.
Mesomen’s Editorial Policies & Standards:
Mesomen has a strict, ongoing commitment to ensure all editorial news content published is factually accurate, balanced, ethical and well-researched.
Independence Accuracy and Clarity As a consumer-centric publication, Mesomen’s editorial independence and integrity are critical to our operation. The Digital Editor is responsible for ensuring standards are upheld and holds editorial power in content delivery.
Additionally, Mesomen has a duty to ensure that the gathering and presentation of news and information is accurate according to the recognized standards of objective journalism. Our editorial standards require that reasonable efforts must be made to ensure accuracy in all fact-based content.
How We Test As a completely independent publication, we focus on editorial impartiality by employing a stringent review-testing process. Where possible, we actively source the product directly from the manufacturer or distributor and complete a rigorous hands-on assessment. For more information on our review and product testing process, visit our How We Test page.
- Mesomen ensures that factual material in news reports and elsewhere is accurate and not misleading, and is distinguishable from other material such as opinion.
- Mesomen provides a correction or other adequate remedial action if published material is significantly inaccurate or misleading.
Fairness and Balance Mesomen has a duty to ensure that the gathering and distribution of news and information are impartial according to the recognized standards of objective journalism. Impartiality does not require that every perspective receives equal coverage, nor that every facet of every argument is presented.
- Mesomen ensures that factual material is presented with reasonable fairness and balance and that writers’ expressions of opinion are not based on significantly inaccurate factual material or omission of key facts.
- Mesomen ensures that where material refers adversely to a person, a fair opportunity is given for subsequent publication of a reply if that is reasonably necessary to address a possible breach of General Principle 3.
Privacy and Avoidance of Harm Privacy is necessary to human dignity and every person reasonably expects that their privacy will be respected. Mesomen respects this right and recognizes the responsibility for protecting privacy and preventing harm
- Mesomen avoids intruding on a person’s reasonable expectations of privacy unless doing so is sufficiently in the public interest.
- Mesomen avoids causing or contributing materially to substantial offense, distress or prejudice, or a substantial risk to health or safety unless doing so is sufficiently in the public interest.
Integrity and Transparency Mesomen recognizes that integrity and transparency are essential to maintaining trust with audiences and those who participate in or are otherwise directly affected by our content. We commit to avoiding misleading material and maintain a duty to ensure that the gathering and presentation of news and information are impartial according to the recognized standards of objective journalism. In the instance where conflicts of interests may arise, Mesomen will ensure they are adequately disclosed and that they do not influence published material.
- Mesomen avoids publishing material that has been gathered by deceptive or unfair means unless doing so is sufficiently in the public interest.
- Mesomen ensures that conflicts of interest are avoided or adequately disclosed and that they do not influence published material.