How To Fade Your Own Hair with Clippers – Step by Step Guide
You’ve seen many of your friends choosing a fade haircut, and you’ve probably already done it several times in the past. But you want to go the extra mile and learn how to fade your hair with clippers the way you want it.
You are ready to give fade haircuts a try, but you don’t know how to do it.
Fade haircuts are quite popular for various hair types, and you can do it yourself, or the best way you can do is to ask a stylist to do it for you.
How can I fade my hair myself?
The word fade is often used when referring to haircuts. Fading your hair is something that many people want to do, but some people think it is impossible to fade hair on their own.
There is no need to be afraid, fading hair is something that you can do at home. So, how do you know how to fade your hair with clippers?
First, you’ll need to decide what type of fade you want. Generally, there are three different lengths and types of fades; low fade, medium, and high fade.
For best results, choose wisely on which type you like.
How do you fade your hair for beginners?
Coming up with a great fade haircut idea is not easy, especially if it is your first time as a beginner (or even an expert).
It is not easy to fade your own hair with clippers. Most people don’t understand how to do fade on men’s hair. Most people think you have to go to a beauty salon and have it fade on you.
In reality, using clippers to do a fade cut is a lot easier, and you don’t have to go to a professional barber at your local barber shop.
How do you blend your own hair to make it fade?
The biggest problem in cutting a fade is that you cannot see what you’re doing.
You need to use pair of hair clippers to cut your own hair, with the blade set to a low setting, just shy of the scalp.
This will give you enough “color” to blend in with your hair. Start at the scalp and work your way to the ends.
It’s important to keep your clippers at a low setting like this, so your hair doesn’t come back too dark.
Is It Easy to Give Yourself a Fade?
It depends. If you have tried doing it, then it is just easy. But for beginners, well, it might take time to perfect the craft.
If you’re looking for a classic fade, you can achieve the look with clippers, but it’s still a gradual process.
It’s a fairly simple process that involves shaving the sides and back of the head first and then allowing the top of your hair to grow in until you want to start the fade process.
That’s why they’re also sometimes called “top fades.” The process will take a couple of hours to finish, but the results are worth it.
How to Blend Fade Lines
Fade lines are those horizontal lines that run diagonally across the hairline, dividing the hair into two distinct parts.
Over time, fade lines tend to fade as the hair gets lighter.
This can be accomplished by using a blend hair cutting technique. This technique will blend the hair by using a blend of a fade.
Fading entails cutting hair into a fade in a gradual manner to create some height. This is a great way to make your hair look more natural and to create a shadow.
How to Fade Your Own Hair Without Lever – Step by step Instructions
Here are quick steps to follow on how you can fade your own hair:
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Comb it to remove tangles.
- Use a handheld mirror. This mirror will help you see the back of your head.
- If you have longer hair or curly hair, cut it to have short hair before you do the fade.
- Trim the top of the head using scissors. This will help you to figure out the balance of the fade. wet hair for easy trimming.
- For the fade, use the #2 clipper guard to make the hair 1/4th inch long.
- Hold the clippers vertically when you are using them to cut your hair. A steady hand is always good to have when doing a home haircut.
- Use the #4 guard length to leave your hair with half an inch or 12mm long.
- Clip it again. Place the electric clippers just right above the place where you have the last cut. Continue cutting your hair the same way before; use a scoping motion to be able to make a short and precise cut.
- Hold the clippers horizontally to remove the layer lines in your hair. Start on one side of your head and cut over the lines in a gentle motion.
- Repeat clipping until you reach the top of your head. It would also help if you were switching the bracket setting or the guards a couple of times until you have reached the top of your head.
- Check in your handheld mirror to check your progress and to check your hair length and if you have the right cut. You might make a bit of correction on those sides that are still too thick. To finish your fade haircut, use trimmers or a razor for hard-to-reach areas such as ears and neckline.
If you are looking for a fade hairstyle, you will want to do it right and select the right tools.
Having an effective fade can take some time, but it is not difficult at all. The right tools can make all the difference.
Once you have the perfect fade, the next step is to add a hair product of your choice if required.
How to Fade Your Own Hair with Scissors
If you want to fade your hair with scissors, you need to use the correct technique, which is to use a blunt blade.
The “fade” that you can achieve here is just having the hair to be cut short – it is supposed to just trim all the hair into the short fade type of length – it typically resembles a crewcut hair type of style.
But if it is not that “fade” kind of style like a buzz cut that you are aiming for, well, then you might need to use another tool like the clipper to achieve it.
How to Skin Fade Your Own Hair
A lot of people want to grow their hair out rather than shave it off. So, if you’re one of these people, you may be wondering how to do a skin fade or also called the bald fade.
You’ll need shaving cream and a razor. First, you want to wash and dry your hair. Then, apply the shaving cream to your head. Next, scrape your razor against the hair and shave it off in the direction of your hair growth.